Monday 31 January 2011

janathon is over

Well that's it.. janathon is over.

I'm sad it's over, it has really forced me to move my ass and get some exercise on cold winter evenings and days. I feel healthier, stronger, a bit thinner and my mind seems a bit more focused on a few things. I'm also still bl**dy sore from yesterday!

I had 5 targets / goals. I achieved 4 of them which really is quite good. I managed a very slow mile tonight, didn't break into a sweat! But it pushed me over my 60 mile target. Even cycling in was sore this morning, the ribs are ok but the groin strain was niggly, a little easier as the day wore on! This is a brief summary of my mileage over the month. Not entirely extensive but anything worth logging made it!!!



So thankyou to riotstar for getting me into this in the first place! After over 22 years of friendship this is possibly the daftest thing you've ever suggested but I love you! Thanks also to the techno geeks at runningfreeonline for helping my continual map and track obsession! Not forgetting the janathon team and of course, the ROF for their help on routes, technique tips, shoe advice and occasional moments of evil personal trainership!!

I'm going to continue running, aiming for 3 runs a week, working it around hockey and occasional nights off!

ciao for now Z xxx

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun running and aren't cursing me to hell and back! Your blogs have been very entertaining and I hope you keep up with that too.
    Love you lots too chica, Ex

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, its over and you can put your feet up for a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent job! Much luck pursuing your running goals, keep pushing yourself!

    ReplyDelete