Saturday 5 February 2011

I'm still running..... and I've entered a race!

It's February the 5th and I'm still running.

I had 2 days off due to injury and my body felt better for it. Thursday I went out for a fast 2.4 miler after work, managed 4.1 in good time last night and today was the big one. I had set myself a target of 7 miles today and I did 7.2. There was definitely a little bit left in the tank and I felt good. 75 minutes without stopping, some gentle inclines and I feel really pleased with myself for keeping to a 10 and just a little bit pace for all that way! In 5 weeks I've gone from struggling with 2 miles to entering a race......... yep!!
I've decided to do it!

I plan to run a 9.5 mile race described as "challenging" over the Quantock hills near to where I live. I am very nervous but very excited about it. To help me up and down those less than gentle inclines I am asking my friends to sponsor me. Later in the year i am doing race for life a 5km race for Cancer Research UK... so what you say, well I am doing three of them in 8 days as part of an all girl marching band, I shall be playing my horn (and possibly banging a bass drum) for the duration of each of those 15km in total. We started this 2 years ago and this year the band want to raise £20,000 by doing 3 marches. This personal challenge will hopefully allow some of my nearest and dearest to contribute to our joint total whilst helping me personally with this massive challenge!

If you care to help Zed run..... you could always visit  MARCHFORLIFE2011 with a credit card handy??? 

I'll keep the blog updated for anyone still out there reading!? Hope all those janathoners out there are still running February ragged too...

1 comment:

  1. Well done for keeping it up. good luck with your race and fundraising

    ReplyDelete