Saturday 19 February 2011

tomorrow is race day!!!

It's nearly here, the challenge I've somewhat incredibly volunteered myself for!
I've had an OK last week of training, some hill work over the hills I'll run tomorrow and some more normal runs nearer home, which 6 weeks ago felt hard and now feel quite lame, but life has been very busy so I haven't had the time to put too many miles in.
My rest day today was spent shopping!!! That, I would like to add was after a half hour marching band gig playing bass drum for the launch of Race For Life at Clarks village in Street. My trapezii feel a bit tight and I so hope they ease off over night. I'm nervous about tomorrow, but I know I will do it. I have nearly £400 of sponsorship in pledges and online donations so far which is amazing. I also realise that 9.5 miles of hill running is hard but nothing compared with dealing with chemotherapy, major surgery, pain and the psychological hell of dealing with cancer, hence I know I will do this!
I've trained quite well but tomorrow will be my longest run since the Great North in 1998! I swore after that I would never do anything like it again, I remember having to get a lift up one flight of stairs the next day in the hospital as my knees just wouldn't bend.. Monday cycling to work could be fun!! I debated over long or 3/4 tights but am going for longs to keep my calves warm and not risk injury. I've carbo loaded and am even drinking isotonic sports fuel... what have I become! I am longing for a large glass of juicy red wine tonight but shall savour one or even two tomorrow as a reward!

I'll blog back tomorrow hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment